POSTPONED: We would like to inform you that the GEDSI Philippines Leadership Summit has been deferred to later in the year due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation globally.
2020 Regional Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) Leadership Summit - Philippines
The Australia Awards and Alumni Engagement Program - Philippines (AAAEP-P) are pleased to announce an exciting event, Regional GEDSI Leadership Summit, that will bring together alumni who are in leadership positions across key sectors in the Asia Pacific Region to discuss important GEDSI issues and share advocacy best-practice.
The theme of the summit is:
“Social Inclusion is Possib-ALL: Working Together Towards Inclusive and Sustainable Development”.
The Laos Australia Institute and the Australian Embassy in Lao PDR have the opportunity to fund a limited number of candidates from Laos to participate in this regional event.
3-day program event: Rescheduled dates to be confirmed
* Please note, the GEDSI Philippines Leadership Summit has been postponed due to the Novel Coronavirus situation however, we will still be taking applications for the rescheduled summit (new dates to be announced soon). Please continue to submit your applications and we will extend the closing date to 1 March 2020. We will be in touch with all shortlisted applicants once the new dates have been finalised.
The Event will be held at the Dusit Thani Manila, Makati City, Phillippines.
Criteria for ‘ideal’ participants:
1. Be AAS alumni who are currently in leadership positions and/or have extensive professional experiences in GEDSI related works:
a. In leadership positions or positions that can influence public, organisational and/or community policy
b. and practice on GEDSI advocacy;
c. OR have extensive professional work experiences in GEDSI related works that are able provide country specific insights and experiences to contribute to the summit and the development of Laos.
2. Represent different sectors and disciplines both in public and private.
3. Have returned from Australia between 2 year and above (indicative only - this does not need to be strictly applied but aims to engage participants with experiences at work and at the peak of their career).
4. Are available to travel to Philippines to participate in the event.
Or download a brochure.
You can apply via http://bit.ly/2020GEDSILeadershipSummit.
Applications close at midnight (Lao time) 1 March 2020.